Was with great honor, pride and determination that I assumed the position of RECEVIN President – Wine Cities European Network, on the 1st of April 2016, during the General Assembly, in Valdobbiadene, city which together with Conegliano leads the group of 15 cities from the Italian region of Prosecco Superiore that bear the title of European Wine City 2016.
I do firmly believe that this is a determinant moment for RECEVIN, a turning point moment, in which everybody’s commitment will strengthen the net, making it a catalyst for the development of the European wine territories.
Thus, I have assumed this leadership with the conscience that we are before a team project, where it is clear the need for working in a cooperative way, appealing, in this manner, to all associates for an active and committed participation which promotes the value of our regions and territories, thus contributing for the European sustainable development.
For the defense of RECEVIN’s interests we count on a strong and committed Administration Council in the cause and with the support of the Wine Cities National Associations, which results in a force with almost 600 cities all over Europe.
Vineyard and wine intrinsically linked to our cultural identity are common denominators to all cities that are part of RECEVIN, as well as the challenges that European territories are presently undergoing. Being the wine sector strategic for the economic and social development of these territories we have the duty of combining synergies, thus allowing wine to become leverage for the promotion of our territories and the entire rural world.
For that particular purpose we already have documents and consolidated projects along the last years, namely:
- European Wine tourism Chart,
- Vademecum of European Wine tourism,
- European Wine tourism Day,
- European Wine City,
- International contest La Selezione del Sindaco, and
- Yearly stages for young European wine grower
All RECEVIN must now be motivated and determined to internationally defend the wine sector and European wine tourism and assume the commitment to:
- defend the wine territories richness and their designations of origin,
- reinforce our political action in a way to intensify our reputation and presence close to the European institutions,
- Make the voice of the wine territories heard in the European Parliament,
- Bind the states with the development of a Europe of cities and regions and to increase synergies with AREV and OIV.
This is the motivating mission that I’m deeply proud to lead, in a sharing and cooperative spirit with all the persons entrusted with European wine territories that are an integral part of the rich cultural landscape and the long history of the European Continent.
I’m counting on all of you!