The Board of Directors of RECEVIN – European Network of Wine Cities elected on October 10th in the European Parliament the European Wine City 2019. This award was attributed to the Italian region of Sannio, origin of the Falanghina wine, constituted by the municipalities of Guardia Sanframondi, Castelvenere, Sant’Agata de ‘Goti, Torrecuso and Solopaca.
At the RECEVIN meeting held in Brussels, were present the MEPs Nicola Caputo, Piernicola Pedicini and Isabella de Monte, as well as Portuguese MEP Carlos Zorrinho, the presidents of Città del Vino and the Association of Portuguese Wine Municipalities, Floriano Zambon and Pedro Ribeiro, and the general secretaries of these associations, Paolo Benvenuti and José Arruda.
The AMPV, in the person of José Calixto, was confirmed the next day for the second term in the presidency of RECEVIN, until 2021. This meeting of RECEVIN’s Board of Directors was held at the Paris City Hall, where the proclamation ceremony of the French region of Perpignan as European Wine City Dioniso 2019 took place.
RECEVIN was then present at the Lusofonia Gala, which took place at the Paris City Hall, an event that celebrated the First Republic of Portugal. RECEVIN integrates the national associations of wine cities and around 600 European cities from Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Spain, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Portugal and Serbia.
Members of RECEVIN’s Board of Directors (Presidency for another 2 years)
- José Calixto – Reguengos de Monsaraz City Council (President)
- Pedro Magalhães Ribeiro- Cartaxo City Council (Vice-President)
- Álvaro Amaro – Palmela City Council (Treasurer)
- Ângelo Moura – Lamego City Council
- Floriano Zambon – Conegliano City Council (Vice-President)
- Marcello Nasini – Torgiano City Council
- Giuseppe Morghen – Sorso City Council
- Marco Razzano – Sant’Agata De’ Goti City Council
- Rosa Melchor Quiralte – Ciudad Real City Council (Vice-President)
- José Ramón Abal Varela –Cambados City Council (Secretary)
- Antonio Agustín Ligero Márquez –Montilla City Council
- Pere Regull Riba – Vilafranca del Penedès City Council